REVIEW – EAST SIDE
BEER NAME: East Side Dark Lager
BEER STYLE: Dark Larger
BREWERY: Drifter Brewing Company
REGION: Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Malt, hops, yeast and water.
BREWER’S NOTES: This beer is a collaboration between Drifter and the American brewery Lakefront in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is a blend of three specialty grains, creating a rich, smooth, dark beer. Hints of roasted malts find their way into the aroma, and form a pleasant background to the dark, rich flavour. The German lager yeast rounds out this brew with a smooth, complex finish. Winner of the 2014 and 2106 European Beer Star Gold Medal for Bohemian-Style Schwarzbier.
- APPEARANCE: Dark brown, with little head that fades
- AROMA: Roasted malt, filter coffee, toffee and caramel
- FLAVOUR: Filter coffee, milk chocolate and subtle bitterness.
- MOUTHFEEL: Light to Medium bodied, with long soft finish.
- OVERALL: A really easy drinking Dark Lager, one for coffee and chocolate lovers which is priddy much everyone right?
- PAIR WITH: Beef stew, Brisket, seared foods or roasted game. Also pairs nicely with Caramel Apple Tart if you are lucky enough to come across one of these
BREW REVIEW RATING: 7.5/10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – estimate 40|
|Ingredients||Malt, hops, yeast and water|
|Glass||Tulip or any glass that floats your boat 😉|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||7.5/10|