Utywala Sorgum Saison
BEER NAME: Utywala
BEER STYLE: Sorgum Saison
BREWERY: Ukhamba beerworx
REGION: Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Water, sorgum malt, barley (gluten) and hops.
BREWER’S NOTES: In the history of the Nguni people of Southern Africa, it was custom for tribesmen to gather in a circle sharing umquombothi (traditional beer) from a clay pot called ukhamba. So every time you enjoy an Ukhamba with friends and strangers you are celebrating the traditional legacy of the Nguni people. Utywala Bethu!
- APPEARANCE: Hazy pale gold, with medium to large white lingering head
- AROMA: Sweet / Sour sorgum malt, with fruity notes
- FLAVOUR: Bold sourness up front, dry fruity flavours folllow with pair dominating. Subtle notes of cinnamon and a bitter ending
- MOUTHFEEL: Full bodied, lively carbonation, long bitter finish
- OVERALL: This is Sorgum brew has it all – Picture perfect, full of flavour and active mouthfeel, a great African taste experience.
- PAIR WITH: Freshly baked beer bread or Braai Broodjie
BREW REVIEW RATING: 8,5/10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – estimate 10|
|Ingredients||Water, sorgum malt, barley (gluten) and hops|
|Glass||Sniffer, Tulip or Stein Glass – or better yet straight from an ukhamba|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|PRICE (AVE)||R 35|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||8.5/10|