Review – The Stout
BEER NAME: The Stout
BEER STYLE: Stout
BREWERY: The Franschoek Beer Co
REGION: Franschoek Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Franschoek Valley spring water, malted barley, hops, yeast, lactose, and oats.
BREWER’S NOTES: We all have to be a little stout sometimes. Take for instance that Scottish fellow, William Wallace, who, defeated the enemy even when, his troops were outnumbered. Now, we’re not saying you have to be that stout. Pairing this beer with dark chocolate and serving it as a desert could be considered a little stout. So, weather you open one and charge down a hill or quietly sip it whilst plotting a takeover, always remember that old saying: fortune favours the stout.
- APPEARANCE: Deep dark brown, light brown head with medium retention
- AROMA: Toasted malt, dark chocolate and raisins
- FLAVOUR: Slightly fruity cherry chocolate up front, toasted malt back bone and a slightly balanced bitter end.
- MOUTHFEEL: Medium bodied, smooth with subtle carbonation
- OVERALL: This is a true all-rounder, a very well balanced Stout, great flavour, great colour, mouthfeel is on point so overall delicious.
PAIR WITH: Gouda cheese, roasted or smoked foods, rich stews, chocolate peanut butter cookies or dark chocolate tiramisu.
BREW REVIEW RATING: 8.4 /10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – estimate 60|
|IBU’s||Not available – estimate 35|
|Ingredients||Franschoek Valley spring water, malted barley, hops, yeast, lactose, and oats.|
|Glass||Tulip, Sniffer, Nonic Pint|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||8.4 /10|