REVIEW – La Chouffe
BEER NAME: La Chouffe
BEER STYLE: Belgian Strong Ale
BREWERY: Brasserie D’Achouffe
INGREDIENTS: Water, barley malt, hops, yeast, invert sugar syrup, coriander.
BREWER’S NOTES: CHOUFFE is an unfiltered blond beer which is refermented both in the bottle and in barrels. It is pleasantly fruity, spiced with coriander and tinged with hops.
- APPEARANCE: Hazy Gold, small disappearing head
- AROMA: Fruity, subtle malt, coriander and spices.
- FLAVOUR: Tropical fruit up front, with balanced malty back bone, some coriander and spice pulling through and dry slightly bitter alcohol finish that lasts
- MOUTHFEEL: Light bodied, lively carbonation, dry, high alcohol finish
- OVERALL: The sweet fruity flavours are well balanced with bitterness and the 8% kick definitely takes the edge off a hard days graft. Great one for the guests.
- PAIR WITH: Sharp cheddar or Thai green curry,
BREW REVIEW RATING: 7.8/10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – estimate 15|
|IBU’s||Not available – estimate|
|Ingredients||Water, barley malt, hops, yeast, invert sugar syrup, coriander.|
|Glass||Tulip, Trapist, Tumbler|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|PRICE (AVE)||R 49|
|Style||Belgian Strong Ale|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||7.8/10|