REVIEW – Rooinek
BEER NAME: Rooinek
BEER STYLE: Amber Ale
BREWERY: Old Potter’s Brewhouse
REGION: Greyton, Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Local sping water, barley & hops
BREWER’S NOTES: This copper-red ale is mostly about malt; in addition to our homegrown Overberg barley, we have added specially malted grains from Belgium and Germany. Te beer has a rich toffee and caramel flavour with a lasting sweet aftertaste. Hops are added in to create subtle balancing bitterness.
- APPEARANCE: Deep Amber/brown, with large, dense, cream coloured head
- AROMA: Toasted malt, toffee, caramel, slight resin and hoppy notes
- FLAVOUR: Sweet toasted malt and biscuit with a bold bitter finish
- MOUTHFEEL: Full bodied, creamy texture, lively carbonation, bitter finish
- OVERALL: A great looking beer both in and out of the bottle, also delivers well on flavour with rich toasted malt, balanced off by a bold bitterness for the style.
- PAIR WITH: Rich hard cheeses, cured meats or duck based dishes.
BREW REVIEW RATING: 8/10
|Ingredients||Local sping water, barley & hops|
|Glass||Nonic Pint, Tulip or Sniffer Glass|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|Serving temperature||4 – 6°C|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||8/10|