REVIEW – Striped Horse Craft Lager
BEER NAME: Striped Horse Craft Lager
BEER STYLE: Craft Lager
BREWERY: Striped Horse
REGION: Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Paarl mountain spring water, specially cultured lager yeast, imported barley malt, caramel malt and aroma hops
BREWER’S NOTES: Striped Horse Craft Lager pairs a layered malt complexity with perfectly balanced hops to create textured yet easy drinking refreshment – the ultimate African thirst-quencher.
- APPEARANCE: Pours pale gold in colour with large white lingering head – some lacing present.
- AROMA: Lagery malt with some zesty notes
- FLAVOUR: A flavorful but delicate balance of rich malt and zesty hops, with a suitable bitter ending.
- MOUTHFEEL: light bodied with decent carbonation
- OVERALL: A very well balanced and easy drinking craft lager, refreshing until the last drop. I’m also loving the new long neck bottle, it certainly sets this beer apart from the others on the shelf.
- PAIR WITH: Shellfish, spicy food, chicken or pork, and pasta dishes
BREW REVIEW RATING: 8 /10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – estimate 10|
|IBU’s||Not available – estimate 15|
|Ingredients||Paarl mountain spring water, specially cultured lager yeast, imported barley malt, caramel malt and aroma hops|
|Glass||Pilsner or stemmed lager glass|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||8/10|