REVIEW – Van Hunks Pumpkin Ale
BEER NAME: Van Hunks
BEER STYLE: Pumpkin Ale
BREWERY: Boston Breweries
REGION: Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Water, malted barley, butternut, pumpkin, cinnamon, coriander, nutmeg
BREWER’S NOTES: This unique blend of pumpkin, coriander, butternut, cinnamon and nutmeg is a complexed mix full with flavour. Its a rich blend of unusual ingredients that leave you wanting more.
- APPEARANCE: Pours brown in colour, with medium sized cream coloured head. Some lacing present.
- AROMA: A ripe boquet of spices and toasted malt. Cinnamon, nutmeg, notes of pumpkin.
- FLAVOUR: Bold autumn spices up front, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander and sweet pumpkin with a rich toasted malt backbone, and a slight bitter ending.
- MOUTHFEEL: Full bodied, creamy smooth with good carbonation levels.
- OVERALL: This fully flavoured pumpkin ale from Boston Breweries oozes all the Autumness that you would hope to encounter from a traditionally Autumn seasonal brew.
- PAIR WITH: Pork tenderloin, with a sweat glazing, served with roasted pumpkin, avoid anything too salty as this will retract from the sweet spicy flavours of the pumpkin ale.
BREW REVIEW RATING: 8.5/10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – Estimate 32|
|IBU’s||Stats not available|
|Ingredients||Water, malted barley, butternut, pumpkin, cinnamon, coriander, nutmeg|
|Glass||Imperial Glass (Guinness Glass)|
|Original gravity||Stats not available|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||8.5/10|