REVIEW – Paulaner Hefe-Weisbier
BEER NAME: Hefe-Weisbier
BEER STYLE: Weiss Beer
INGREDIENTS: Malted wheat, malted barley, yeast hops
BREWER’S NOTES: The no. 1 Hefe-Weißbier in Germany and one of the world’s favourites. Naturally cloudy and shining silky gold in the glass under a really strong head of foam. At the first mouthful this Weißbier classic has a mild aroma of banana. Finer palates detect a trace of mango and pineapple and the balance between sweet and bitter. Beer connoisseurs appreciate the fine note of yeast and the mild but sparkling mix of aromas. It is a typical beergarden beer, which brings people together all over the world.
- APPEARANCE: Hazy amber, large off white head, leaving lacing. 25 EBC
- AROMA: Wet hay, toasted malt, ripe banana, spices and hint of lemon.
- FLAVOUR: Toasted malt backbone, clove, spices, low in bitterness
- MOUTHFEEL: Medium bodied, but with decent carbonation to result in a creamy full mouthfeel
- OVERALL: This is history in a glass, a nostalgic trip for the tastebuds (those who have been to the October Fest), makes you want to start singing Ein Prosit and dress up in Leather pants, but in all seriousness if you have been brewing beer for almost 400 years, there is little chance that your recipe isn’t top notch, so this is a safe bet.
- PAIR WITH: Well do I even have to give you a clue here? Bratwurst with ketchup and mustard, pretzels, and eisbein of course!
BREW REVIEW RATING: 8.5 /10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – estimate 25|
|IBU’s||Not available – estimate low bitterness|
|Ingredients||Malted wheat, malted barley, yeast hops|
|Glass||Weizen glass – but for the real experience serve in a stein glass, Note: you will need exactly 2x bottles J|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||8.5/10|