REVIEW – Pursuit of Hoppyness
BEER NAME: Pursuit of Hoppyness
BEER STYLE: Black IPA
BREWERY: Ukhamba Beerworx
REGION: Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: water, malted barley (gluten) and hops.
BREWER’S NOTES: A perfect marriage of roasty- chocolate and lightly spicy malt flavours with citrus hops aroma make up the beautiful Cascadian Ale.
- APPEARANCE: Deep dark black in colour with a large lingering light brown head
- AROMA: Dark chocolate and roasted coffee beans with a zesty hoppy ending
- FLAVOUR: Dark chocolate, dark roast coffee, with a pleasant citrusy bitter ending
- MOUTHFEEL: Full bodied, good carbonation and a bitterness that clings to the tongue
- OVERALL: Full bodied and full of rich roasted flavours, this is a great one to get you through a wintery cold front.
- PAIR WITH: Smokey BBQ short rib, sharp or smoked cheeses, or carrot cake for a sweeter pairing.
BREW REVIEW RATING: 7.75 /10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – estimate 60|
|Ingredients||water, malted barley (gluten) and hops.|
|Glass||Tulip or shaker|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||7.75 /10|