REVIEW – Bomber Imperial IPA
BEER NAME: Bomber
BEER STYLE: Imperial IPA
BREWERY: Tattoo Brewing Company (A Woodstock Brewery & Aegir Project collaboration).
REGION: Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Water, imported malt, hops & yeast
BREWER’S NOTES: Kaboom!! A bombshell has just been dropped into SA’s craft scene with this collaboration. Starting with its exquisite nose, this colossal brew stuns you with an explosion of hop-driven awesomeness. Using the finest imported malt, hops and yeast, this 7.5% ABV stunner unleashes gigantic bursts of flavours and aromas. Waves of granadilla, citrus and pine combine with the solid malt backbone to blast your taste buds into blissful, willing submission. You won’t soon forget this banger.
- APPEARANCE: Deep Amber in colour and a thick creamy head with good retention and lacing
- AROMA: bold tropical fruit mixed with a rich toasted malt presence
- FLAVOUR: BOLD fruity notes of pineapple, granadilla and fruitcake balanced well with the rich toasted malt backbone, and a bitterness that doesn’t overpower the flavour fest.
- MOUTHFEEL: Full bodied and well carbonated
- OVERALL: This Bomber really lives up to its name, blasting through with full flavour, aromas and mouthfeel not to mention the punch that it also packs.
- PAIR WITH: A spicy curry or for desert, a Crème Brule or Chocolate hazelnut Taute
BREW REVIEW RATING: 8/10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – estimate 29|
|Ingredients||Water, imported malt, hops & yeast|
|Glass||Sniffer or Tulip|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||8/10|