REVIEW – The Catfish Ale
BEER NAME: The Catfish Ale
BEER STYLE: English Pale Ale
REGION: Cederberg, Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Water, malt, hops, yeast
BREWER’S NOTES: A lovely fruity ale with a well rounded bitterness makes for an excellent summer beer. The original version of this ale, originating from the Biochemistry Department, Stellenbosch University, was used to complete the brewer’s thesis.
- APPEARANCE: Deep Gold in colour with a lacy lingering white head
- AROMA: Balanced malty & fruity notes
- FLAVOUR: Refreshing and subtle well balanced flavours of lightly toasted malt and fruity hops, finishing in a bitterness that carries through.
- MOUTHFEEL: medium to light bodied with medium carbonation
- OVERALL: A light and refreshing well balanced pale ale, you can almost taste the exceptional quality Cederberg water.
- PAIR WITH: Pair with smoky cheeses or sharp cheeses like cheddar or speciality cheeses that contain fruit or nuts. Also pairs well with grilled meats.
BREW REVIEW RATING: 7.5/10
|Ingredients||Water, malt, pumpkin, hops, spices, yeast|
|Glass||Nonic Pint Glass|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|Style||English Pale Ale|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||7.5/10|