REVIEW – Goshawk Gluten Free Beer
BEER NAME: Goshawk
BEER STYLE: Gluten Free Pale Ale
BREWERY: Red Sky Brew
REGION: Gordon’s Bay, Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Malted sorghum, maize, hops, yeast and water
BREWER’S NOTES: Brewed in a Pale Ale style, using a combination of both sorghum and maize malts. This beer has strong passion fruit and litchi notes on the nose and palate. A surprising bitterness which is naturally found from the sorghum, comes through. The beer has a low malt profile, however is strong in fruity flavour, light in colour, often with a pinkish hue. A very easy drinking beer, great for hot sunny days!
- APPEARANCE: Unique hazy pale straw in clolour and a generous head with good retention
- AROMA: Sweet and fruity with notes of Passion fruit and litchi.
- FLAVOUR: Subtle notes of passion fruit and litchi, with a bitterness that ends in a slight greenapple aftertaste. Subtle phenolic smokey flavours present in this one.
- MOUTHFEEL: Full bodied, but light and refreshing at the same time.
- OVERALL: I really like the thought of a Gluten Free beer, this one is the first of its kind to be locally brewed in South Africa. A healthier option for those looking for a guilt free sundowner.
- PAIR WITH: Cheese Cake, key lime or lemon merengue pie
BREW REVIEW RATING: 7/10
|Colour (EBC)||13 SRM, EBC not available|
|Ingredients||Malted sorghum, maize, hops, yeast and water|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|PRICE (AVE)||R 25|
|Style||Gluten Free tropical Pale Ale|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||7/10|