REVIEW – CBC Peach Krystal Weiss
BEER NAME: Peach Krystal Weiss
BEER STYLE: Specialty Fruit Weiss Beer
BREWERY: Cape Brewing Company (CBC)
REGION: Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Paarl Mountain spring water, wheat & barley malts, hops, sugar, flavourant, colorant, acidifier & yeast.
BREWER’S NOTES: As refreshing as the original Krystal Weiss with an extra hint of peach.
- APPEARANCE: Deep Orange with a hint of pink and a medium sized dense white head with good retention and lacing
- AROMA: Bold peach up front with subtle lichie and toasted malty notes in the background
- FLAVOUR: A peach punch, with a sweat and spicy malty-ness and very subtle bitter ending
- MOUTHFEEL: Light and refreshing with good carbonation
- OVERALL: A sweet, peachy, refreshing weiss with all the characteristics of a well crafted beer, seems appropriate to celebrate the arrival of spring.
- PAIR WITH: A light salad or fruit tart, or even used as main ingredient in a peach beer jelly, perfect for a light summer desert idea.
BREW REVIEW RATING: 7.5 / 10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – estimate 18|
|Ingredients||Paarl Mountain spring water, wheat & barley malts, hops, sugar, flavourant, colorant, acidifier & yeast.|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|Style||Specialty Fruit Weiss Beer|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||7.5/10|