REVIEW – Peter, Pale & Mary
BEER NAME: Peter, Pale and Mary
BEER STYLE: American Pale Ale
BREWERY: De Proef Brouwerij
REGION: Copenhagen, Belguim
INGREDIENTS: Water, barley malt, oat flakes, hops and yeast.
BREWER’S NOTES: Mikkeller is a microbrewery founded in 2006 in Copenhagen that does not operate an official brewery and, instead, collaborates with other brewers to produce their recipes or experimental once-off brews.
- APPEARANCE: Orange Gold, white creamy lingering head
- AROMA: Tropical Fruit & lychee, with subtle malt notes
- FLAVOUR: A hop forward battle between citrus and tropical fruit flavours, with grapefruit having the last word. Bitterness from the hops pulls right through from start to finish.
- MOUTHFEEL: Medium bodied, silky smooth mouthfeel, soft carbonation, with a zingy tingle on the tongue from the bitter hops.
- OVERALL: The bold fruity flavours & bitterness from the hops combined with a pleasant mouthfeel makes for a refreshing experience.
- PAIR WITH: Rich chedder, pork, lamb or a spicy Thai dish.
BREW REVIEW RATING: 8/10
|Colour (EBC)||Not available – estimate 20|
|Ingredients||Water, barley malt, oat flakes, hops and yeast.|
|Glass||Lager Glass, Shaker or Tulip|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|Serving temperature||4 – 6°C|
|Style||American Pale Ale|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||8/10|