REVIEW – The Vampire Robust Porter
BEER NAME: The Vampire
BEER STYLE: Robust Porter
BREWERY: Red Sky Brew
REGION: Gordon’s Bay, Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Malted barley, hops, yeast and water
BREWER’S NOTES: The Vampire is a smooth and warming, pitch black take on a porter; enticing even the non-porter drinker to have a pint. Strong flavours of coffee and chocolate makes this rich and pleasurable.
- APPEARANCE: Seriously pitch black, good sized light brown head with fair retention
- AROMA: Coffee, roasted malt, dark chocolate ice cream
- FLAVOUR: Bold coffee flavours up front with a sweet toasted malt backbone, and a slightly bitter coca powder ending
- MOUTHFEEL: Full bodied, smooth warming porter with appropriate carbonation levels.
- OVERALL: The bold happy coffee and chocolate flavours in this brew combined with the full-bodied mouthfeel simply lends itself to a pleasant winter nights indulgence.
- PAIR WITH: Although this would easily go with a smoked paprika dish or a Brazilian Black bean feijoada, I would recommend pairing this with a 70-90% dark chocolate, flourless chocolate cake or bread pudding.
BREW REVIEW RATING: 7.75 /10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – estimate 70|
|Ingredients||Malted barley, hops, yeast and water|
|Glass||Imperial Glass (Guinness Glass)|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|PRICE (AVE)||R 25|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||7.75 /10|