REVIEW – CBC Lager
BEER NAME: CBC Lager
BEER STYLE: Lager
BREWERY: Cape Brewing Company (CBC)
REGION: Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Paarl Mountain spring water, yeast, barley malt, caramel malt and aroma hops.
BREWER’S NOTES: A crisp, hoppy and generous Craft Lager. To be enjoyed in the company of a new friend or alone.
- APPEARANCE: Light straw gold with a large lingering creamy and compact head. (Beer tash warning)
- AROMA: Slight maltiness with notes of bread, spicy and floral hops
- FLAVOUR: Malty backbone with notes of spicy and floral hops which impart a refreshing bitterness in the end
- MOUTHFEEL: crisp light bodied, refreshingly bitter with good natural carbonation
- OVERALL: Pure class. Gone are the days of over gassed, mass produced lager, if you are a traditional South African lager lover, you will latch onto this like a lace to a shoe. Refined, consistent and well balanced. It’s a real thirst quencher.
- PAIR WITH: Perfect for a braai, pair with any traditional braai meat
BREW REVIEW RATING: 8 / 10
|Colour (EBC)||Stats not available – estimate 10|
|Ingredients||Paarl Mountain spring water, yeast, barley malt, caramel malt and aroma hops.|
|Glass||Pint or Pilsner Glass|
|Original gravity||Not Available|
|BREW REVIEW RATING||8.5 /10|