BEER NAME: Sugarman
BEER STYLE: Belgian Quad
BREWERY: Woodstock Brewery
REGION: Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Water, barley, hops, sugar and yeast
BREWER’S NOTES: Sugarman is a velvety smooth barrel-aged strong Belgain Quad-style ale. Darkly inviting in colour, with a silky tan head, this beer exudes the oaky richness of its intoxicatingly beautiful plump, black cherry mocha nose. It has a complex, full-bodied, spiced dark rum flavour that thrills your palate with its ripe voluptuousness and finishes with an exciting yet serene complexity.
- APPEARANCE: A deep dark colour but not completely black, small head that disappears fairly quickly leaving a single layer silky head that lingers.
- AROMA: Toffee and prominent cherry with oak-barrel almost sherry or port like nose
- FLAVOUR: A complex and well balanced combination of treacle and toffee flavors, spiced rum, cherry and oak-barrel. This is a rich semi sweet strong beer with a warming affect.
- MOUTHFEEL: Silky smooth and fairy low in carbonation which suits this style ale.
- OVERALL: Dynamite in a small package, not for the faint hearted, this Belgian Quad will knock your socks off so don’t under estimate it. If you love a good specialty beer you will love the Sugarman.
- PAIR WITH: a selection of strong cheeses and fruity preserves or a warm malva pudding with custard.
BREW REVIEW RATING: 8.5 / 10
Please follow and like us: