BEER NAME: Pacifist
BEER STYLE: Winter Porter
BREWERY: REGION: Western Cape
INGREDIENTS: Water, barley, oats, cocoa, vanilla, hops & yeast
BREWER’S NOTES: Pacifist is the perfect beer for a cold winter’s night. Pitch black with a rich chocolate and coffee nose. The silky smooth body opens up to flavours of coffee, dark chocolate, cocoa, and a hint of ugandan vanilla.
- APPEARANCE: A Dark beer with thick creamy, light brown head
- AROMA: Caramel, toffee, coffee, sweet roasted malt and vanilla
- FLAVOUR: A ‘how’s your father’ of rich toasted malt immediately greets the pallet, followed by vanilla, cappuccino with a lovely silky, lingering dark chocolate flavour that is complimented by a subtle bitterness in the end.
- MOUTHFEEL: Full bodied, creamy and moreish. Carbonation is spot on for this style beer.
- OVERALL: Yoh, I’m not sure if its hump day making this beer taste so good but I must say, this is a pearler! A bold greeting of wintery flavours up front that carries through to the next sip. The further into this winter porter you climb the more the flavours come alive. A complex, well balanced full of flavour porter. I give it 2 thumbs up!
- PAIR WITH: Smoked foods, rich stews, BBQ based meats, sausage, Gouda Cheese and chilli. For desert Lindor cappuccino or dark chocolate.
BREW REVIEW RATING: 9/10
Please follow and like us: